Thursday 6 March 2014

Crafts

I didn't really know what to write for my first post so i decided to start by listing all of the Crafts i currently do and how long I've been doing them. So I will start with the longest:

Knitting - My Nan taught me to knit when i was about 7 years old. The first thing i knitted was a little jumper for my teddy bear (he is still wearing it) after that i knitted a coat for my Nan's dog so he wouldn't get cold when my Grandad took him out for walks. I didn't knit for a long time after that then about 18 months ago i bought one of those part work magazines which taught you how to knit and since then i have slowly been learning new knitting techniques, ok so most of the things i knit tend to be square or rectangular but i am slowly learning how to increase and decrease.

Jewellery Making - I have been making jewellery for nearly a year. Last Easter my boyfriend bought me a jewellery making kit from Ebay which had everything i needed to get started. Within about 2 weeks i had 2 boxes full of beads. I started off making earring first then i moved onto bracelets and necklaces. I will post pictures of the jewellery i have made in my next post.

Baking - I started baking in senior school for part of my Food Technology GCSE. I mostly make cupcakes and large sponges i wish i had time to bake more.

Card Making - I started making cards last August when i went to the Great British Craft Festival. I had started watching more of the card making shows on the create and craft channel so i decided to give it a go. I bought all of the stuff i needed to start from a stall which was selling all craft items for £1 or you could have 12 items for £10 it seemed like a good place to start. While at the festival i entered a competition to win a share of £3000 worth of Hunkydory craft items well 2 weeks later a massive box of stuff arrived i had won! (Picture of my winnings below)



No comments:

Post a Comment